Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thandie Newton Considered Adoption

Actress Thandie Newton considered adoption after visiting children in poverty-stricken Mali. The Crash star has two daughters with husband Ol Parker, but contemplated adding to her family following her trip to the West African Country.
However, Newton decided against adopting, preferring to donate money to their cause instead. She says, "I had a really strong urge immediately after both my daughters to have another. But I felt it best to get to know them better first. Later I realized that urge can be satisfied by helping people."
"Rather than having more kids within my four walls, it's better for me to give out. That's not to say adopting isn't fantastic.

She also talked about her own relationship with husband, Ol Parker, to whom she has been married for nearly ten years and their family life together with their children. "The key thing is that my kids don't go to bed until 10 every night. From 7 at night until 10 - that's when it rocks out in our house! It's terrible because they're knackered." Whoah. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that "knackered" means drunk and throwing things.(it just means tired Quinn) British kids sound like a handful. No wonder British nannies are so strict

2 comments:

Angie said...

Very interesting.. where's this interview from Quinn?

Also, I still feel Thandie wants that baby boy in the house.. LOL 'OL better watch out...

quinn said...

http://blackcelebritykids.wordpress.com/2008/03/22/newsthandie-newton-considered-adoption/
one source